The Strathcona Food Bank is a charitable organization totally operated by volunteers. We rely on your donations to continue to provide food assistance to those in need in Sherwood Park and rural Strathcona County.
You can donate in-person at our location at 255 Kaska Road, Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4E8 and by mail.
You can also donate online by going to the Canada Helps website (https://canadahelps.org) and making an online financial contribution to the Strathcona Food Bank.
Donate Food and other household items
We will accept any of the following items,
Non-perishable items including:
- food (packaged and canned goods),
- pet food (for dogs or cats),
- formula, baby food, diapers,
- sanitary supplies, Depends,
- school supplies
Perishable items which must be in good condition (we have coolers and freezers) including:
- bread and baking,
- home grown produce,
- fresh meat that has been government inspected
- diary products
Unfortunately we cannot accept home canning or preserves
Food items can be delivered to the Strathcona Food Bank at 255 Kaska Road, Sherwood Park during our operating hours, Monday to Friday between 9:00 am and noon. If you have a large food donation to make we can make arrangements to pick it up. Please call the office (780-449-6413) to arrange for drivers to come to your location. Donations can also be made during food drives that take place periodically in Sherwood Park or in food bins at the following locations:
- Fire Hall #1 (Sherwood Drive)
- Information and Volunteer Centre (IVC)
- Save-on Foods
Your donation is greatly appreciated.
The Strathcona Food Bank is totally operated by volunteers. We engage volunteers with various tasks including:
- Drivers/Packers who pack, collect and deliver donations from grocery stores and businesses early each weekday morning to the food bank. They also collect donations from schools, churches and businesses during food drives.
- In-house Volunteers carry our various tasks including sorting incoming donations each morning, stocking shelves with sorted donations, repackaging larger sized donations into smaller packages, filling hamper requests and taking client applications for food assistance over the telephone.
If you are interested in providing some of your time to assist as either a driver/packer or in-house volunteer please come into the food bank office and fill out an application. Drivers are subject to a driver abstract check that the Strathcona Food Bank would do. The food bank operates a 14 foot cube van so driver applicants would have to be properly licensed to operate this type of vehicle. Driver/packer applicants would train with regular drivers and packers.
For in-house volunteers, training would occur over 3 mornings once a week after which a regular shift would be scheduled. We ask that in-house volunteers commit to a minimum of 3 to 6 months on the same day each week.
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age and not a current client.
Thank you for giving some of your valuable time to assist those in need!