The top needed items for June 2021 are:
- Canned Meats (specifically Ham, Chicken, Salmon and Spam)
- Canned Stew/Chili
- Canned Mushrooms
- Broth – 1 litre (beef or chicken)
- Canned Fruit Cocktail
- Pancake Mix and Syrup
- Condiments ( mustard, relish, ketchup, salad dressing)
- Stove Top Stuffing
- Hand Soap
- Paper Towels
- Razor Blades
- Dry Food for small/medium sized dogs
- In-person at our location at 255 Kaska Road, Sherwood Park, AB T8A 4E8 from 9am to noon Monday to Friday
- By mail
- e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (if you have any concerns, please send an email to the above address and our Treasurer will assist you)
Perishable items require special handling in accordance with Alberta Health & Safety guidelines but special arrangements can be made by calling the Strathcona Food Bank at 780-449-6413.
The best way to donate perishable items is to make a monetary donation where the Food Bank can purchase as needed.
Perishable items which must be in good condition (we have coolers and freezers) including:
- bread and baking (from retail outlet)
- homegrown produce
- fresh meat that has been government inspected
- eggs that have been government inspected
- dairy products
Unfortunately, we cannot accept home canning or preserves.
We will accept any of the following items:
- food (packaged or canned goods)
- pet food (dogs or cats)
- formula, baby food, diapers (size 4, 5, and 6 only)
- feminine hygiene products, Depends
- toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, etc.)
- dish soap, laundry detergent
- school supplies
Items we will accept from the public: glass containers, medicine/vitamin containers with a screw top, plastic containers that are 650 gm in size (e.g. yogurt containers). Items not accepted: clam shells, detergent bottles, foil trays, perfume bottles, prescription bottles, used bread bags, coffee cans. Due to COVID 19 we have decided to purchase single use plastic containers. Thank you for your understanding.
At this time we do not need empty egg cartons.
If you have a large food donation to make we can make arrangements to pick it up. Please call the office (780-449-6413) to arrange for drivers to come to your location. Donations can also be made during food drives that take place periodically in Sherwood Park or in food bins at the following locations:
- Fire Hall #1 (Sherwood Drive)
- Information and Volunteer Centre (IVC)
- Save-on Foods (Wye, Baseline and Summerwood stores)
- Sobeys (Wye and Baseline stores)
We appreciate your donations!