Our friendly volunteers are ready to take your call – please phone our office at 780-449-6413 to book an appointment. We can provide your groceries on the same day you call, or we can also book for the next day. If you need a same-day appointment, please try to call us before 10:00am.
We are open Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Thursday evening from 4:30 to 7:00 pm, and Saturdays from 10:30am to 1:00pm, except for statutory holidays. Please be patient as our phones can be busy due to high demand.
Full grocery hampers are available every 30 days, and we also welcome you to come in once a week for bread, baking and produce. We also have shelves filled with various free/unique items that you can choose from, so bring a reusable bag. Some restrictions apply.
If this is your first time calling the Strathcona Food Bank you will be asked to provide the following information:
- names and ages of those living in your home
- household income
- dietary restrictions and preferences.
Each and every time you come to the Food Bank to obtain your food hamper, you must present the following:
- picture ID
- Health Card numbers for all in your home
- a recent piece of mail (i.e., a utility bill, letter, rental agreement, medical services card from Alberta Works (Social Assistance?))
- You may apply once every 30 days for a full hamper. You may come in once a week for bread, baking and produce. On extra busy days we may have to book your hamper pick up for the following business day.
When you arrive at the Food Bank, we ask that you please present the following:
- Health Card numbers for all in your home under 18 years of age
- Identification cards for each adult (18 years and older) in your home (government issued photo ID or 2 pieces of other ID)
- A recent piece of mail (such as utility bill, letter, or rental agreement)
Each subsequent visit:
- Identification card (1 piece of government issued photo ID or 2 pieces of other ID)
- A recent piece of mail (such as utility bill, letter or rental agreement).
What We Offer
We provide a nutritious food supply for about 5 to 7 days in each of our hamper orders. Hamper supplies are strictly by donation, therefore we do not always have name brands or all items.
Please advise if any of the following apply to your household so we can prepare your hamper to best meet your needs;
- Food allergies
- If you have a freezer